Activate the Geometry Editor Tool
In the Active Tool Menu Choose Geometry Editor (if not already there)
Close down Face Groups and Regions and open up Surfaces
In the Surfaces Tab are all the listed surfaces with which Texture
is attached to each Surface. We will Combine Like Surfaces into the
Best combination to both optimize G2 and give flexible Material Options
- Arms (Limbs Texture)
- Legs (Limbs Texture)
To optimized surfaces we choose the Source Target Group in the Geometry Editor then choose that Surface First in the list.
- Now we click the Plus (+) button to add that Surface to the target grouping.
- Now click on each of the others to be added to this group by clicking the Plus (+) button
- Once done click the Assign to Target Group button
- You will notice the 0 poly next the Surface(s) that have been ‘Merged’ to the Target
- Now click the Minus (-) button to remove your new merged surface from the list
- Now click on each 0 Surface (Shift+Click for multiple) then Right Click on any 0 Surface…choose Remove Selected Group(s)
- Continue until complete.
Eyes (forgot Lacrimals in pic)
Head & Neck (forgot Ears in Pic)
Now we have our optimized Surfaces. We could optimize further but we lose Material options for the RPG Customizers in the Genesys Framework.
An acceptable hit on performance.
Since these are the Material Names in Unity/UE4
We will rename two of them
- Shoulders => Arms
- InnerMouth => Mouth
Now save this Optimized Version in DAZ Studio